1. Treatment for substance abuse can be inpatient or outpatient, depending on the severity of your problem. Many insurance plans will cover outpatient options but inpatient treatment is not always covered.
2. Each rehab program will offer specific treatment methods and techniques, and no two rehabs are identical. Before you choose a treatment program for addiction you should check out and compare several programs.
3. Treatment for substance abuse needs to be personalized. Since the causes of alcohol or drug abuse are unique for each individual any program needs to include a customized treatment plan to be successful.
4. Any treatment program for substance abuse recovery will need to address the entire person, not just the substance abuse issues involved. This will help ensure permanent results.
5. Treatment for substance abuse requires a commitment to sobriety and change. If you do not have this commitment then you are far more likely to relapse and fall back into your old habits.
6. Long term follow up is necessary after you finish a residential rehab. Staying sober is a process, and follow up therapy will help you avoid relapse and help you continue to work through any remaining issues that you have.
7. The right rehab program for one person may be the worst possible pick for another, even if both individuals abuse the same substances, use the same amounts, and have been dealing with substance abuse issues for extended periods.
8. The cost of treatment for substance abuse can vary by a very significant amount. High end luxury rehabs may cost many thousands of dollars each month, but some of these programs are very comprehensive and effective.
9. Sober living once you leave substance abuse treatment can help you continue on your journey to full recovery by setting strict rules on drug and alcohol use and severe consequences if you break these rules.
10. Compare several rehab programs and facilities before making any final decision, to make sure that the program you choose is the best one for your situation and circumstances.