1. Synthetic marijuana is a product that contains plant material, but this material is sprayed with psychoactive substances so that the user experiences a high similar to actual marijuana. One of the reasons why the users choose the synthetic form over the real thing is that the herbal product does not contain THC, which will show up on a drug test.
2. Synthetic pot is not tested or evaluated for content, concentration, ingredients, or safety by any organization or regulatory agency. When you purchase one of these products there is no way to tell exactly what is in it or what you are really using.
3. Contrary to popular belief and all of the misinformation out there synthetic marijuana can be addictive, and these substances can have extremely dangerous risks and side effects associated with them. There have been a number of deaths associated with these products yet this has not stopped their use from growing in many areas.
4. Many areas of North America have banned products that contain synthetic marijuana, but manufacturers have found ways to get around these bans. The herbal products are marketed as herbs or incense, and they put the phrase not for human consumption on the package. This does not deter people who know that the product is really synthetic pot, and since it is not a drug there is usually no age limit on these products in many locations.
5. Side effects from using synthetic marijuana can include severe agitation and anxiety, nausea, vomiting, seizures, muscle tremor and spasms, hallucinations, suicidal thoughts, extreme aggression, rapid heartbeat, high blood pressure, and even psychotic episodes.