1. One of the interesting marijuana facts is that more than 22 million people around the globe use marijuana on a daily basis.
2. 162 million adult individuals in the world have used marijuana at least once in the last year, and many of these people are professionals and respected in their communities.
3. Marijuana is only surpassed by alcohol as the most commonly abused drug in the nation and around the world.
4. Over 100 million Americans have admitted to trying marijuana, and around 25 million people in North America have used the drug in the last year.
5. 20% of high school students in the USA and Canada admit to using marijuana on a regular basis, and 40% have tried it at least once in their lives.
6. Marijuana has more than 200 different street names, and many different strains and varieties. Some of the most common street names for this drug are weed, grass, ganga, and pot.
7. The THC content of marijuana, the active ingredient which causes the user to feel high, can range from as low as 3% all the way up to 20%.
8. One scientific report concludes that an individual would have to smoke 800 marijuana cigarettes, called joints, in order to cause death. The listed cause of death in this case would actually be carbon monoxide poisoning.
9. Marijuana was legal until 1970 when the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 was passed. This act made it illegal to grow, possess, or use marijuana.