There are many alcohol addiction rehab statistics that may shock or surprise you. Did you know that:
- Almost every single person in North America has been impacted in some way because of alcohol abuse. This impact may be from personal experience with the bottle or from having a friend or family member who needed alcohol abuse treatment.
- Almost 1 in 4 admissions to community run substance abuse treatment programs are caused by alcohol.
- In around 20% of cases where alcohol abuse treatment is sought the individual has another drug addiction as well according to recent alcohol addiction rehab statistics.
- Studies show that around 10% of people who need alcohol abuse treatment actually receive it.
- In some areas access to a substance abuse treatment program that is affordable may be very limited. In Canada and the United States many areas could benefit from an increase in alcohol abuse treatment programs.
- Males between the ages of 20 and 24 years old are often the most likely population to abuse alcohol and require alcohol abuse treatment according to alcohol addiction rehab statistics.
- Roughly 25% of US males aged 12-16 years old have reported taking part in binge drinking at least once in their lives.
- More than 100,000 people lose their lives to alcohol in Canada and the USA every single year. The cause of death may be liver disease from alcohol abuse, a drunk driving incident or accident, or other alcohol related cases. Most if not all of these deaths could be prevented.