1. If the holiday shopping has you frazzled and you need stress relief right now try taking a long hot bath. Add some fragrant bubble bath or other bath products to the water and make sure the bath is hot. Lighting a few candles will help you relax even more while you soak, and your tension and stress will melt away.
2. One of the quick relaxation methods that is also very effective is to practice deep breathing. Take a deep breath, hold it for a few seconds, and then exhale. Do this several times in a row and you will start to feel calmer and more focused.
3. Exercise ca be one of the best forms of stress relief, even if you do not feel like moving before you start working out. In addition exercise causes your brain to release endorphins, feel good chemicals that improve your mood and your health.
4. Meditation is one of the best relaxation methods that you can use, and even a few minutes spent meditating can boost your mood considerably and lighten your stress load by a considerable amount. If you do not know how to meditate it might be worth your time to take a short class on meditation, or even to arrange for a single instruction session.
5. Go to your happy place. We all have a place in our minds where we are in a favorite destination or a happy situation, and this can change the biochemistry in your brain and actually boost your feelings of contentment and happiness.